Application for Refund can now be filed for multiple tax periods, in following refund cases :
• Export of services with payment of tax with the facility to upload Statement 1.
• ITC accumulated due to Inverted tax structure with the facility to upload Statement 2.
• On account of supplies made to SEZ (Unit and Developer) with payment of IGST with the facility to upload Statement 4.
• Recipient/Supplier of deemed export with the facility to upload Statement 5B.
The user manual and FAQ of this facility is available in the help menu at GST portal and can be accessed by using the link https://www.gst.gov.in/help/refund
2. Payment of tax in installments
The application for payment of tax and other amounts in installments (Form GST DRC-20) has been enabled on GST portal (Refer Section 80 of the CGST Act, 2017 & Rule 158(1) of the CGST Rules, 2017).
3. Opting in and out of composition scheme
If a taxpayer wishes to opt in or opt out from Composition Scheme, he performs this activity for a particular GSTIN, on the GST Portal. Changes have been made on the GST Portal that, if a user opts in or opts out of Composition scheme then this status will be reflected across all GSTINs, with the same PAN. (Refer proviso to Section 10(2) of the CGST Act, 2017).
At the time of generation of challan, Mobile No, email-Id and address of taxpayer will now be asked for data security.
5. Challan for ISD Registrants
All Major heads (CGST, IGST, Cess, SGST/ UTGST) and all Minor heads (Tax, Interest, penalty, Fee and Others) are enabled during challan generation, for all type of Users on GST portal, in both pre and post-login mode. Now, For ISD (Input Service Distributors) users only Fee and Penalty minor heads only will be enabled in challan (under all Major heads (CGST, IGST, Cess, SGST/UTGST)). Rest all other minor heads (Tax, Interest, Others) will remain disabled (and ISD Users will not be able to enter the amount under Tax, Interest and Others minor heads).