Private equity firms are renowned for the deal discipline that guides their decision about when it makes sense to proceed with an investment and when it’s best to walk away. but we understands this discriminating mindset and brings analytical rigor, independence and a vast range of industry and functional expertise to the painstaking work of vetting a prospective buyout target or investment opportunity.
We are the leading consulting partner to the private equity industry and its key stakeholders, with a global practice more than 1.5 times larger than any competitor. Our network of more than 50 experienced professionals serves private equity and institutional investor clients across the investment life cycle, from deal generation and due diligence to portfolio value creation and exit planning and operations.
Some of our top private equity services includes:
1) Deal generation :
We work alongside investors to develop the right investment thesis and enhance deal flow by profiling industries, screening targets and devising a plan to approach targets
2) Due diligence :
We help investors make better deal decisions by performing due diligence assessing revenue growth and cost-reduction opportunities to determine a target’s full potential, and providing a clear post-acquisition agenda.
3) Value Creation Plan:
Immediately after an acquisition we support the pursuit of rapid returns by developing strategic blueprints for acquired companies, leading workshops that align management with strategic priorities and directing focused initiatives. During the ownership phase, we help increase the value of portfolio companies by supporting revenue enhancement and cost-reduction initiatives and refreshing their value-creation plans.
4) Exit planning:
We help ensure that investors maximize returns by preparing exit planning and identifying the optimal exit strategy, preparing the selling documents and prequalifying buyers
5) Firm and sector strategies:
Working jointly with private equity firms, we help them develop a customized solution for continued excellence, and sharpen their focus on specific industries.
6) Institutional investor strategy:
We work with institutional investors to develop top-performing alternative investment programs, including private equity, real estate and infrastructure asset classes. We also help them expand their participation in alternative assets through co-investment and direct investing opportunities.
7) Deal sourcing :
- Market mapping to identify opportunity pockets
- Target screening
- Industry or sector primers/overviews
- Trading/transaction comps
- Company profiles – short and detailed
- Hypothesis validation and thematic research
- Macroeconomic research and tracking
- Maintaining databases of market participants including PE funds, LPs and potential targets
- Tracking PE deal activity
- Fund database integration with CRM tools
8) Portfolio monitoring and advisory:
- Portfolio KPI tracking
- Portfolio benchmarking
- Peer group benchmarking
- Portfolio valuation – buildout and quarterly updates
- Periodic performance and bespoke LP reporting
- M&A support (buyer identification)
- Opportunity assessment
- Market selection and entry strategy
- Market sizing
- Competitive analysis
- Expert interviews for strategy formulation and opportunity size assessment